I am a research engineer in the data analysis laboratory of the CEA-Saclay LIST. I did my PhD at CEA Saclay in the CosmoStat Laboratory under the supervision of Jean-Luc Starck from 2013 to 2016. My PhD subject was “Advanced methods and algorithms for high precision astronomical imaging”.
During my thesis, I worked on PSFs field estimation and galaxy shape measurements for weak lensing, given the time and spatial dependency of a telescope PSF, and the undersampling issues.
My main interests are: signal processing, sparsity, manifold learning, optimization, numerical optimal transport, low complexity signals, statistics and data mining.
I graduated from Télécom Bretagne in 2013, with an engineering degree in information processing and a master of research in image processing. During my studies, I had the opportunity to participate to the Programme First of the Fondation Télécom.
- SPRITE: super-resolution C++ code for PSF and compact sources images.
- RCA: joint super-resolution and dimension reduction python code for PSF and compact sources images.
- F. M. Ngolè Mboula, J.-L. Starck, S. Ronayette,K. Okomura, J. Amiaux. Super-resolution method using sparse regularization for point spread function recovery,Astronomy and Astrophysics, 2014. Available here.
- F. M. Ngolè Mboula, J.-L. Starck, K. Okomura, J. Amiaux, P. Hudelot. Constraint matrix factorization for space variant PSFs field restoration, Inverse Problems. Available here.
- F. M. Ngolè Mboula, J.-L. Starck. PSFs field learning based on Optimal Transport distances, Submitted.
- S. Farrens, F. M. Ngolè Mboula, J.-L. Starck. Space variant deconvolution of galaxy survey images, Submitted.
- Ngolè Fred, Jean-Luc Starck. Super-resolution method using sparse regularization for point spread function recovery. Proceedings of ITWIST'14, Namur, Belgium, August 27-29, 2014. Available here.
- Ngolè Fred, Jean-Luc Starck. Sparse matrix factorization for PSFs field estimation. Proceedings of ITWIST'16, Aalborg, Denmark, August 24-26, 2016.
Reviews for international journals
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- International Workshop on Cosmology and Sparsity, Nice, September 2014.
- RICAM Special Semester on New Trends in Calculus of Variations: Optimal Transport in the Applied Sciences, Linz, December 2014.
- DASPAC workshop, Paris, April 2015.
- Missing data in physics, Nice, May 2015.
- Euclid weak lensing meeting, London, November 2015.
- International Traveling Workshop on Interactions between Sparse Models and Technology, Aalborg, August 2016.
- I have worked for the Center of research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI) as a science tutor from 2013 to 2015. My mission was to design and conduct weekly scientific worshops for two primary school students groups. Our project on the Curiosity Rover has been awarded the 2nd prize at the Concours SF2A Découvrir l'Univers , edition 2014. More details can be found here .
- Teaching assistant, Numerical analysis, 2015-2016, ENSAE