Date: August 19 - August 31, 2019
Venue: Banyuls, Occitanie, France
Lecture ``Weak gravitational lensing'' (Le lentillage gravitationnel), Martin Kilbinger.
Find here links to the lecture notes, TD exercises, "tables rondes" topics, and other information.
- A great and detailed introduction to (weak) gravitational lensing are the 2005 Saas Fee lecture notes by Peter Schneider. Download Part I (Introduction to lensing) and Part III (Weak lensing) from my homepage.
- Check out Sarah Bridle's video lectures on WL from 2014.
- TD cycle 1, Data analysis.
- We will work on a rather large (150 MB) weak-lensing catalogues from the public CFHTLenS web page. During the TD I will show instructions how to create and download this catalogue. These catalogues will also be available on the virtual machine for the school, or download here.
If you want to do the TD on your laptop, you'll need to download and install athena (the newest version 1.7). Available on the VM.
- Lecture notes and exercise classes. You can already download the slides in one file (40 - 60 MB), but be ware that the content will still change slightly until the classes.
- Part I (Cycle 1): [all ]
- Part II (Cycle 2): [day 1 (4/6)] The lectures for day 2+3 are given by Nicolas Martinet]
- TD: [cycle 1]. The TDs for cycle 2 are given by Nicolas as well.
- Table Ronde sujet