I am a postdoc at the CosmoStat Laboratory from CEA Saclay since September 2016. I am working with Jerome Bobin, Martin Kilbinger, Florent Sureau and other members of the group on shape measurements in Weak Lensing for Euclid.
During this Postdoc I will work on developing a new method to measure the shape of galaxies and calibrate the shape and shear noise using machine learning techniques. The idea is to develop a method that can be applied to Euclid data for Weak Lensing analyses.
My PhD was focused on large scale structure and galaxy bias in simulations. On one side, I studied the relation between halo and galaxy bias, and the connection between halo mass, local density and linear bias. On another side, I studied a new method to measure linear bias from the correlation between galaxy density and weak lensing maps that has been applied to the Dark Energy Survey (DES) data.
- 05/2016: PhD on cosmology, Institut de Ciències de l'Espai (ICE) in Barcelona, supervised by Enrique Gaztañaga, involved in the Dark Energy Survey (DES)
- 01/2012: Master of High Energy Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology, UAB (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- 06/2010 Graduated in Physics at UAB
- A. Pujol et al. 2016, “What determines large scale galaxy clustering: halo mass or local density?”,, arXiv:1510.01692.
- C. Chang, A. Pujol et al. 2016, “Galaxy Bias from the DES Science Verification Data: combining galaxy density maps and weak lensing maps”, MNRAS, 459, 3203.
- Pujol et al. 2016, “A new method to measure galaxy bias from the density and weak lensing fields”, MNRAS, 462, 35.
- A. Knebe et al., 2015, "nIFTy Cosmology: Comparison of Galaxy Formation Models", MNRAS, 451, 4029.
- Pujol & E. Gaztañaga, 2014, “Are the halo occupation predictions consistent with large-scale galaxy clustering?”, MNRAS, 442, 1930
- A. Pujol et al. 2014, “Subhaloes gone Notts: the clustering properties of subhaloes”, MNRAS, 438, 3205
Talks and Presentations
- 06/2015: “Halo clustering: environment versus mass”, ETH , Zürich (Switzerland), invited.
- 05/2015: "Galaxy Bias from Galaxy and Weak Lensing Maps", DES Collaboration Meeting, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (US).
- 05/2015: "Are the standard HOD predictions consistent with large scale clustering?", DES Collaboration Meeting, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (US).
- 10/2014: “Galaxy bias from galaxy and weak lensing maps”, DES Collaboration Meeting, University of Sussex, Brighton (UK).
- 07/2014: "The effects of assembly bias on galaxy clustering predictions", Frontiers of Fundamental Physics 2014, Marseille (France).
- 11/2013: “Are the halo occupation predictions consistent with large scale clustering in galaxy simulations?”, Instituto de Astronomía y Física del Espacio, Buenos Aires (Argentina), invited.
- 11/2013: “Are the halo occupation predictions consistent with large scale clustering in galaxy simulations?”, Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago de Chile (Chile), invited.
- 10/2013: “Are the halo occupation predictions consistent with large scale clustering of galaxies in simulations?”, Workshop on Galaxy Bias: Non-linear, Non-local and Non-Gaussian, Trieste (Italy).
- 07/2013: “Are the halo occupation predictions consistent with large scale clustering in galaxy simulations?”, Theoretical challenges for the next generation of large scale surveys of the Universe, Ascona (Switzerland).
- 05/2012: “Testing HOD predictions of galaxy bias with simulations”, Workshop Cosmobias, Laboratoire d'Astrophysique de Marseille, Marseille (France).