The Darth Fader method is a catalog cleaning method for redshift estimation which is described in:
- D. Machado, A. Leonard, J-L. Starck, and F. Abdalla, "Darth Fader: Using wavelets to obtain accurate redshifts of spectra at very low signal-to-noise", Astronomy and Astrophysics, 560, A83, 2013
The code will be soon integrated in the next version of the iSAP software. Meanwhile, it can be used following these instructions:
- Download and install the iSAP V2.1 software.
- Download the DarthFader package .
- Follow the installation procedude.
The documentation is available here.
Benchmark data are available here, and the following routine shows how to use it on these benchmark data:
- example_darth_fader.pro : Example of IDL routine that run Darth Fader method.
Running this routine, we obtain the following results:
- % of catastrophic failures before cleaning = 22.09
- % of galaxies retained after cleaning = 75.80
- % of catastrophic failures after cleaning = 4.29
For any information related to the code, please contact Adrienne Leonard (adrienne.leonard AT cea DOT fr).