Date: June 27 - July 8 2017
Venue: Fréjus, France
Lecture ``Weak gravitational lensing'' (Le lentillage gravitationnel), Martin Kilbinger.
Find here links to the lecture notes, TD exercises, "tables rondes" topics, and other information.
- A great and detailed introduction to (weak) gravitational lensing are the 2005 Saas Fee lecture notes by Peter Schneider. Download Part I (Introduction to lensing) and Part III (Weak lensing) from my homepage.
- Check out Sarah Bridle's video lectures on WL from 2014.
- TD cycle 1+2, Data analysis.
- We will work on a rather large (150 MB) weak-lensing catalogue from the public CFHTLenS web page. During the TD I will show instructions how to create and download this catalogue. For faster access, it will be available on the server during the school, and I will bring a few USB sticks.
If you like, you can however download the catalogue on your laptop at home. Please have a look at the instructions (available soon).
- If you want to do the TD on your laptop, you'll need to download and install athena (the newest version 1.7).
- For one of the bonus TD you'll need a new version of pallas.py (v 1.8beta). Download it here.
- Table ronde topic A: B-modes from varying z?
The ftp link to download the 2nd set of log-normal simulations (04/2016) is this.
- Lecture notes and exercise classes (preliminary versions!):